If you wish to unlock your BlackBerry Curve 8980 using an unlock code, then get relaxed. You only need your BlackBerry 8980`s IMEI number and ur half way there. New BlackBerry curve 8980 is rumored to be a GSM phone.
You can try to get your new Curve 8980 unlock code by simply calling up your phone carrier, who shall require your BlackBerry Curve 8980 IMEI number in return, which you can get by typing *#06# and pressing the send button. But if you cannot get a free unlock code, try out some of the links given below to get an unlock code for your new Blackberry. Once
you have an unlock code for your BlackBerry 8980, follow these steps to unlock your BlackBerry Curve 8980:
1. Turn off the Wireless Radio on your BlackBerry mobile phone and Go to Settings > Options > Advanced Options and then SIM Card.
2. Press the ALT key and the keys that correspond to: m e p d. Then hold down the ALT key once more and now press the keys that correspond to: m e p 2
3. Once you do that you should be able to see a menu where you give a 16 digit code. You will have 10 tries to precisely enter the digit code.
4. Enter the unlock code and press Enter and if It says “Device Unlocked”, you are done.
But if it does not work for your new BlackBerry Curve 8980, try this out.
1. Power on your BlackBerry Curve with an UNACCEPTED SIM card.
2. It will then ask for an unlock code.
3. Press in the unlock code.
4. It may cause you BlackBerry Curve 8980 to refresh and unlock it.
Get started !