Apple iPhone Dev Team has just released an updated version 0.9.6b2 of Redsn0w OS for all those who use Windows and Mac. This latest Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 update is based on Geohot’s limera1n exploit. This update allows you to jailbreak iOS 4.1 on Apple iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPads which are running on n iOS 3.2.2 and iPod touch 2G, 3G and 4G for Non MC Models only.
Latest update of Redsn0w 0.9.6b2 features:
- custom bootlogos for iPhone3G/iPhone3GS/iPod2G users (with qualifying bootroms)
- An option that implements the “DFU” button in PwnageTool. This button (which you can use from Windows) lets you prepare your device for a custom DFU. Even if you’re purely a Windows user, you can get a trusted friend to run PwnageTool over your IPSW to create a custom IPSW. You can now install that custom IPSW on your own Windows box, after you run this redsn0w version.
Redsnow 0.9.6B2 latest tool supports both Mac OS X and Windows, keeping a fine balance between Windows users and Mac users. Same old instructions apply to jailbreak your iPhone. Just follow the simple steps as given below and you’re done:
1) First connect your Apple device to your system using a USB cable.
2) Then download Redsn0w from the link given below and run it. Then click Browse and select the iOS 4.1 firmware from your system and click Next.
3)You can select different packages to install according to your needs and requirements. Select Cydia.
4) Next you will be asked to put your Apple device in DFU mode. You need to follow the given instructions carefully.
5) Now press the Home and Power buttons for at least 10 seconds and then Release the Power button and continue pressing Home button until you see a white screen.
6) After than the jailbreak process will start automatically. Once the process is completed, Cyndia will restart.
Here are download links for