North Korea wants joint investigation with US into Sony hack

December 23, 2014 – 9:46 am | by Ahmed
Advertisements

Fingers had been pointing towards North Korea after the Sony Pictures hack and the US has held the nation responsible for having associations with the one of the worst hacks of recent times. The country however has denied having any sort of involvement with the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment and to shake itself to get rid of all the suspicion against it, it has gone has far to even suggest a joint investigation into the incident. The company is somehow countering the US allegations and in proposing this solution, it has even warned the US that there will be some “serious consequences” if it refused to cooperate in this regard.

Sony hack

A spokesman for North Korea’s foreign ministry talked to state media KCNA on Saturday and said that “The U.S. should bear in mind that it will face serious consequences in case it rejects our proposal for joint investigation and presses for what it called countermeasure while finding fault with the [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea].”

The allegations towards North Korea have been based on the conclusions by FBI which seems to have pointed towards the country as the culprit. The Sony hack appears to be the worst hack in recent times and has straight away targeted the executives of the company and celebrities and have left them embarrassed. Apart from this, it has even exposed sensitive records of studio employees. FBI’s statement regarding this issue read “We are deeply concerned about the destructive nature of this attack on a private sector entity and the ordinary citizens who worked there.”

According to North Korea however, the U.S. is “slandering Pyongyang by spreading unfounded rumors” and it even said that “We have a way to prove that we have nothing to do with the case without resorting to torture as what the CIA does.”

The hacker group, self named as the “Guardians of Peace”, have already taken responsibility of the hack and as a result of this disruption, Sony was forced to cancel its release of the movie ‘The Interview’ which was a satirical movie staring Seth Rogen and James Franco that centers around a plot to assassinate North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Advertisements

Related Posts

Similar Posts

Post a Comment