One of the initial stages in the development and launch of any business project on the Internet is the website design. The success of your business depends on its uniqueness. After all, any person who has a bright, memorable appearance will always stand out among the crowd. Likewise, web pages must be unique and inimitable so as not to get lost on the World Wide Web. That’s why it’s worth paying attention to the creation of a website design and trusting only professionals in this matter.
In this article, we are going to talk about the importance of website design and what is essential to take into consideration in order to increase reach and conversion rates.
What is Web Design?
Website design is a visual design of web pages, a combination of all their graphic elements. Web design includes developing layouts, structures, interface, easy navigation, choosing the perfect color combinations, fonts, images, animations, and much more.
What is Website Design for?
From an entrepreneur’s point of view, web design is needed for the visitors’ convenience. During development, a lot of attention is paid not only to the content but to its location and design. A well-designed website not only attracts potential customers, but also increases reach, conversion rates, and, accordingly, sales.
What does Website Design consist of?
Before you create a great website design, you need to decide on its structure, blocks, and what you want to see in general. Understanding trends and analysis of competitors’ sites will help make the right choice.
Website design is usually a specific process that takes into account various requirements (graphical and technical). Such a process can include several stages:
- development of an attractive and easily perceived home page design, as well as other sections and subsections (including various subscriptions forms, carts, etc.);
- development and approval of the entire structure;
- design of convenient, fairly simple site navigation;
- high-quality content.
The most popular software — Sketch, Figma, InVision Studio, Webflow. It’s also easier to entrust the work to a proven website development company, for instance, reliablepsd.com. Then you will definitely save time and get the desired result.
How to design a nice website?
For any website, accurate compliance with user requests is essential. Website development involves 4 elements:
- Visual part. The resource should be convenient, intuitive, and user-friendly. You shouldn’t use flashy objects, for instance, annoying animation, banners, or other complicated elements, because it’s hard to guarantee their correct performance on all gadgets. A well-designed website doesn’t distract the client in 2021.
- Exclusive design. The design demonstrates your brand, your product, or your services.
- Compliance with modern requirements and trends. You can follow trends on Behance or Pinterest. Select the best options and analyze them. Ask yourself the correct questions. What has attracted me and my attention? How do the various components work for the users?
- Testing on the target audience. After starting the site, you need to evaluate how the target audience reacts to it. Is navigation convenient for users? Are visitors following links or other sections?
Which Website Design should you choose?
When creating a website design, it’s crucial to take into account its idea and concept.
So, a site with a commercial focus should attract the attention of visitors with its eye-catching design and your company’s corporate style. And, at the same time, to be convenient, user-friendly, and contain all the information the user needs about you and your product or services.
On such websites, various forms of receiving online support, placing orders, and many other features are welcomed. The presence of such functions and their intuitiveness increase the conversion rates. A great design can’t only be an analog of your company’s business card, but engage new clients for your business.
Sometimes it’s recommended to stick to a laconic style that can emphasize your uniqueness and stability as a company. In other cases (for instance, wedding agencies’ websites), preference is given to romance and soft colors combined with bright elements. And sites addressed to potential extraordinary customers simply have to differ in a marvelous, very extravagant design (while maintaining the basic principles of good usability).
If you are planning to launch an informational site, then its design should be kept in a strict style, without flashy colors. Since in this case, it’s the content that is more important than the design.
Website design plays a huge role in increasing conversion rates, reach, and sales. However, don’t forget that the content and user-friendly interface remain irreplaceable pieces of this puzzle.