Have you ever wondered what really jailbreaking is? The process of jailbreaking allows to get rid of any limitations on your iOS device. What this really means is that, as an iOS user, you can access settings that are normally deemed as off-limit by Apple. There is usually a catch with this. With every jailbreak, you risk making your warranty void. On the flip-side, the process tends to be reversed and undetectable. This piece will provide you with a free jailbreak manual that will help you with the process.
a) Backup content
Before you even go for the jailbreak download, you need to ensure that you backed up all your content. To successfully accomplish this do the following;
- Check your installation – check your installation to ensure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed as you’ll be creating a backup point to restore in case you are not successful with the jailbreak process.
- Plug your device – plug your iOS device into your PC and open iTunes. Click on the sidebar of your device to access the ”Back Up Now” option. With a click, you’ll be able to make a backup of your data, settings and contacts.
- Turn off your iOS device screen lock – for the jailbreak process to be success, you need to turn off any passcode that you might be having. Once the process is complete, you can turn it on. To turn off the passcode, open ”Settings”, select ”General” and tap ”Passcode Lock”. After that, you’ll be asked to enter your passcode before making any adjustments.
- Determine your iOS version – due to the fact that different methods are used to jailbreak the different versions of iOS, you need to identify your iOS version. To find your exact version do the following; open ”Settings”, select ”General”, and tap ”About”. With the tap, you’ll be able to access your version number under the ”Version” title.
b) How to jailbreak iOS versions 6.0-6.1.2 or iOS 7.0 – 7.0.4
Perhaps what you need to know is that, the current iOS 7.0.6 version is not jailbroken. With that said, before jailbreaking iOS versions 6.0-6.1.2 or iOS 7.0 – 7.0.4, you need to do the following;
- Download envisi0n version for the iOS – you need the envisi0n jailbreak download for iOS 6 and envisi0n 7 for iOS 7. This is for the case of the untethered jailbreak. In such a case, it means that once the jailbreak process is completed, your gadget will be permanently jailbroken until reverted.
- Close running apps – before executing the free jailbreak command, you need to close all running application and switch your device to home screen. It helps avoid data loss.
- Close iTunes on your PC – run the envisi0n software and click ”Jailbreak”. The process takes a few minutes and while at it, do not temper with device or run applications on your PC.
- Whenever prompted on your home screen, run the jailbreak application
- Open Cydia – this application will only appear after the jailbreaking process is completed. It’s ideally an alternative to Apple’s iTunes Store. It will take a few minutes to download data.
- You can now install third party apps
c) Restore your iOS device
- Connect your device to your PC
- Open iTunes
- Click on restore
- Enter your ID